Liquidity Services, Inc., owner and all applications or mobile applications offered by us, through its various subsidiaries (collectively, “Liquidity Services”, “us,” “we,” and “our”), wants you to know that we take your privacy seriously.
The types of information that we collect may collect from you are:
- Identifiers, such as your name, address (including, city, state, postal code, and country), email address, telephone phone number, secondary number, account name, IP address, and other information you provide to us.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your usage statistics, information about your device (including browser and operating system), your browsing history, access times, and referring site.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information.
- Professional, employment, or education information, such as your job title, company name (including company website url and number of employees).
- Inferences drawn from any of the information we collect to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We will notify you of what information we need, and how it will be used.
Sources of Personal Information
- Information you provide to us directly. We collect the information you provide to us directly, such as when you register for an account with us through any of our Websites or submit information to us (such as in connection with a bid or purchase, when you submit an inquiry, etc.).
- Information automatically collected or inferred from your interaction with us. We automatically collect technical information about your interactions with us (such as IP address and browsing history).
- Information from public sources.
- Information from third parties. We receive information about you and your interactions with us from third parties, such as from your employer or co-workers, third party service and content providers, credit reporting agencies, companies that provide or sell lists of potential purchasers, and others interacting with us.
We may combine information that we receive from the various sources described in this Policy, including third party sources and public sources, and use or disclose it for the purposes identified below.
If you provide your Personal Information to us offline, this Policy applies to our collection and use of your information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your information described in the following ways:
- To provide services to you, such as to consummate transactions with you; register and administer your account; to establish and facilitate our business relationship with you; to respond to an inquiry, complaint, or request from you; and to understand your preferences and needs.
- For legal, safety or security reasons, such as to comply with legal requirements; protect our safety, our property or rights of those who interact with us, or others; and detect, prevent, and respond to security incidents or other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- For marketing. We may use your Personal Information to send you e-mail alerts and newsletters regarding upcoming auctions, sales events and information about our products and services which we anticipate may be of interest to you.
- For any other purposes for which you provide consent.
With Whom Do We Share Your InformationWe do not sell or release your Personal Information to any third party (except as set out in this Policy) without your consent, unless we are required to by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with an official investigation by a law enforcement organization.
We may share your Personal Information
with the categories of recipients described below:
- Liquidity Services Affiliates: We may share your Personal Information within the Liquidity Services group of business entities.
- Service providers: We may share your Personal Information with external service providers such as Salesforce, Oracle Eloqua, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure whose services we may utilize from time to time to assist us in our provision of services to you and to assist us in carrying out our business activities. We will only share your information where it is lawful and required for the provision of services to you or where you have consented to this.
- With Third Parties to Provide You with Services or Communications: We may also provide other Website users, vendors, third party partners, subcontractors, or service providers with information as required in order to provide services you request or to complete a transaction.
- Business Partners, other Website users or other Third Parties: We may also provide your Personal Information to our business partners for their own purposes, including for third party marketing. If legally required, we will seek your consent before engaging in such sharing.
- For legal, security and safety purposes: In case of a subpoena, court order or official request, we may share your Personal Information to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, fraud or potential threats, or exercise legal rights or defend against claims, when we believe that doing so may protect your safety or the safety of us or others, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- In connection with a corporate transaction or other corporate reason: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or merges with us your Personal Information will be disclosed to such entity. Also, where we carry out an asset sale of a particular business division, your Personal Information (if held by such business division) may be considered an asset of ours and as such it is possible it will be sold or transferred to the purchasing third party.
- Auditing Purposes: We may provide transaction-related information to government or private auditors to inspect or validate our business practices, accounting records, or financial reports. Any release of information for such a purpose will be done under standard confidentiality restrictions.
Do We Transfer Your Personal Information Outside Your Country?
Your Personal Information shall generally be stored and processed in the US. Your personal data may be stored and processed in any country where we or our affiliates or approved partners have facilities or operations, including but not limited to the UK, Hong Kong and China.
From time to time there may be transfers between members of our group of business entities into and/or out of the European Economic Area (EEA).
For all cross-border transfers of Personal Information we ensure appropriate security measures and legal safeguards are in place.
For EU Residents:
Where your Personal Information is transferred from within the EEA to a country outside the EEA (including the United States) we ensure that security measures and adequate safeguards are in place for the transfer of Personal Information in compliance with applicable data protection laws on the transfer of Personal Information outside the EEA.
To find out more about how we safeguard your Personal Information (including obtaining a copy of such safeguards) in relation to transfers outside the EEA, please contact us via the details provided in the contact us section below.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Information?
We retain your Personal Information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the information is collected and in line with this Policy. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- contractual obligations to you;
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law;
- (potential) disputes;
- for compliance, regulatory and auditing purposes; and
- guidelines issued by relevant national data protection regulators.
Otherwise, we securely anonymise or erase your Personal Information once it is no longer required. For further information about how long we will keep your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact details provided in the contact us section below.
Our Communications with You
Upon registration, our site provides users the opportunity to elect to receive email communications. To opt-out of receiving marketing email communications from us please contact us at the details provided in the contact us section below or follow the opt-out/ unsubscribe instructions included in marketing emails.
We may utilize third-party providers to assist us with the sending of marketing emails to you.
What Steps Do We Take to Secure Your Personal Information?
We are committed to keeping your Personal Information safe and secure.
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of Personal Information.
Employees having access to Personal Information must undergo data privacy training and are monitored by management to ensure that adequate safeguards are used to protect the private information of our customers. Our Websites have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Our Websites use SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption for all sensitive data transmitted over the Internet. This includes customers adding data to the Website, and employees transmitting data off the Website. No information, including the passwords that would give access to sensitive information, ever flows over the Internet un-encrypted.
How Can You Protect Your Personal Information?
Please note no transmission of data over the internet is completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of us to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. Any such transmission of your information is at your own risk. For any transmission of data over the internet we recommend to use means improving data protection such as firewalls, antivirus software and similar technologies.
Do not release information about your account to anyone who is not authorized by you to transact business with us on your behalf. Do not tell your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password to verify your identity.